Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The Road to Hell

They say the road to hell is paved with good intentions.  In that case, I should have a smooth trip along a superhighway of good intentions.  My plan with this blog was to update it daily, sharing what was for dinner, the ease of recipe to create the meal and to hold myself accountable for eating at home more often.

That didn't go so well.

I have slacked, we have eaten out, I haven't stuck to the menu, I have just thrown a few things together here and there... it has been one big disorganized mess.  If you know me, you know I am not one for disorganization.  Somehow, though, that is what my life seems to be as of late.

Tonight's dinner was a ham and cheese omelette, at the request of the boyfriend.  Honestly, I was relieved because that was a super simple and quick meal that I could make happen.  I made some home fries, or skillet potatoes, or hash browns... whatever you want to call them based on where you are from.  (I cut up some potatoes and cooked them in a small amount of canola oil in a skillet.)

What else have I made since my last post?  Chicken tacos, chicken quesadillas with the leftover chicken, homemade meatballs and marinara sauce, and a meal or two outside of the house.

Tomorrow I plan on making blackened salmon.  Should be easy enough, as they are already portioned and seasoned and all I need to do is bake them and make a side.  Im thinking snap peas and jasmine rice would be yummy.  Friday's dinner may be BBQ Pork Ribs in the crockpot with sweet potato fries.  Saturday, we have plans to take my dad out for breakfast to celebrate Father's Day ahead of the crowds.    Sunday I am cooking for the "in-laws", as a Father's Day celebration... but I have no idea what to make.  This will be the first time they have come over for a meal I have cooked.

I used to cook for my friends and family ALL the time.  I never knew how to cook in small portions, so I always just invited people over to eat in order to limit the leftovers.  I miss that.  A lot.  I need to get back to doing something like that again, I feel creative in the kitchen when I am cooking for others and entertaining.  

So this post did not revolve around a menu, or a recipe, or even a meal... but I feel like it was productive in the fact that I owned up to my slacking.  Now, if only I could find that ambition and motivation that I so desperately need.

No comments:

Post a Comment