Saturday, June 2, 2012

Success!

I failed last night... I didn't cook dinner.  You see, I have had a battle the last couple of days taking place in my kitchen.  It has been raining quite a bit lately and we have had ants in our kitchen.  I didn't want to cook anything in there, or bring out any food.  I cleaned everything from top to bottom and spent the evening last night and afternoon today slaying little black ants.  I won, finally.  No more signs of them.

So, dinner last night? Sonic.  Right after a trip to Home Depot for some ant bait and bug spray.  What a romantic Friday night!

To get back on track tonight, I made dinner.  It was a huge success, as the boyfriend loved it and asked me to be sure to include it on the menu a couple of times a month.  Easy enough, it was a simple meal and pretty cheap too!

I made us "Tator-Tot Hotdish".  It is kind of a Wal-Mart version of Shepherd's Pie.  All you need to make this hit are the following:

1lb Ground Beef (or ground turkey if you prefer)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can french style green beans
1 bag frozen tator tots
1 1/2 cups shredded cheese

Brown and season your ground beef to your liking.  I like to use garlic salt, pepper, onion powder and onion flakes.  Drain and spread the browned meat in the bottom of a 9x9 baking dish sprayed with Pam.

Drain the green beans and spread over the beef evenly.  Spread the cream of mushroom soup over the green beans.  Cover the mushroom soup with the cheese, and layer the tator tots on top of the cheese.  I like to arrange the tots nice and neat, but then again, I have OCD.

Bake according to the directions on the tator tots, or until they are golden brown and everything else is bubbly and gooey.

This is a yummy comfort food meal that is sure to please!!  (Just ask my boyfriend, he will agree!)  So overall, I would say that today was a success... ants are slayed and dinner was delish.

I think that tomorrow I will cook something for breakfast.  I have been slacking in that department and only whipping up a batch of grits on the weekend mornings.  I have a tasty idea in store for tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment